A Robust, Time-Tested Investment Approach
Our Portfolio Has Successfully Navigated Several Economic and Real Estate Cycles
Granite Point Mortgage Trust originates, invests in, and manages commercial real estate loans and other debt instruments secured by institutional quality properties in attractive markets across the U.S. managed by highly experienced owners.
- Our loan portfolio has been constructed with a high degree of diversity across property types, markets, and sponsors.
- Our floating rate senior first mortgage loans are secured by income-producing U.S. commercial real estate, across a variety of property types including office, multifamily, industrial and hospitality.
- Our loans typically range from $20 to $150 million, with an average size of $35 to $40 million.
- We search for value across the U.S. and invest in value-add properties in the top institutional markets.
- Our stabilized LTVs generally range from 55% to 70%.
- We generally target loan yields of SOFR + 3.0% to 5.0%.
- We perform an intensive underwriting of the property, market, sponsorship and business when making investments.
- We thoroughly due diligence potential loan sponsors, including anti-corruption and anti-money laundering evaluations, as part of our anti-money laundering program.
An Investment Portfolio Focused on Diversification
|Number of loans||82|
|Total loan commitments||$3.3 Billion|
|Unpaid principal balance||$3.1 Billion|
|Unfunded loan commitments||$171.9 Million|
|Carrying value||$2.9 Billion|
|Weighted-average cash coupon||S+3.76%|
|Weighted-average all-in yield||S+4.03%|
|Stabilized LTV at origination||62.9%|
As of Jun. 30, 2023
Our Latest Investment Portfolio Statistics
These charts illustrate our diverse portfolio of loan investments by property type and geographic distribution.
Our Proven Investment Strategy Delivers Long-term Value
Making Fundamental, Value-oriented Risk Adjusted Returns for Our Investors
Our strategy allows us to generate attractive, risk-adjusted returns for our stockholders over the long-term, primarily through dividends, and to preserve capital through business cycles. With a stable capital base, we can invest in assets that generate ongoing attractive returns. At the same time, our investment strategy is flexible and we react to market dynamics to provide value in a variety of environments. Learn More About How We Invest